Application and Exam Fees
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION AS AN ASSOCIATE MEMBER AND APPLICATION TO SIT THE ELIGIBILITY TEST (to be made during two separate admission sessions)
1. Submit your application to become an associate member, together with [proof of] payment of the Application Fee
2. The National Admissions Committee will assess your application to become an associate member
3. If your application is approved, you will receive notification to that effect. In order to become an actual member, pay the Association’s membership fee for Associate Members to the appropriate Regional Division, on the basis of the timeframes indicated in the admissions calendar
4. During a subsequent session, if you wish, submit your application to sit the eligibility test together with [proof of] payment of the exam fee
5. The National Admissions Committee will assess your eligibility test
6. If you pass the test, pay the Association’s membership fee for Qualified Members to the appropriate Regional Division, from the subsequent year onwards.
The Application Fee for admission as an associate member is € 60.
The Exam Fee* for sitting the eligibility test is:
- € 70 for membership as a translator (online test)
- € 100 for membership as an interpreter (test in exam hall)**
*Candidates who apply to sit both the test for membership as a translator and a test for membership as an interpreter must pay two exam fees (€70 + €100).
** Candidates who apply to sit both the test in simultaneous interpreting and the test in consecutive interpreting must pay two exam fees (€100 + €100).
*** Candidates who apply to sit both the test for membership as a translator and that for membership as an interpreter and indicate both the test in simultaneous interpreting and the test in consecutive interpreting in their application must pay the exam fee for the test for translators and two exam fees for the test for interpreters (€70 + €100 + €100).
The Association establishes the application fees and the exam fees every year. They are non-refundable.
Candidates are therefore advised to submit their online application and pay the related fee only after checking the sessions’ calendar and making sure that they meet all the requirements and possess all the documents requested in the application form.
Please pay all sums into the account held in the name:
ASSOCIAZIONE ITALIANA TRADUTTORI E INTERPRETI
c/o Studio Budriesi - Pagliuca - Bernardi - Commercialisti Associati - Via Ronzani, 3/9 - 40033 Casalecchio di Reno (BO)
Bank: UNICREDIT SPA - the Monte S. Michele branch - V.le Monte S. Michele, 2 - 42121 Reggio Emilia
BIC/Swift Code: UNCRITM1V51
REFERENCE (for applications to become an associate member): “Name of candidate – Tassa di candidatura socio aggregato 2016”
REFERENCE (for applications to become a qualified member): “Name of candidate - Tassa di esame socio ordinario 2016”
- After receiving notification that their application has been approved, new members must pay the Association’s membership fee to their Regional Division. They will then become an actual member and have their details entered in the online Members’ Directory [create link].
The membership fees vary from Division to Division.
- New members admitted before 15 May 2016 must pay the 2016 membership fee for associate members within 15 days of their application being approved.
- Those who apply during the autumn session and are admitted before 30 November 2016 must, mandatorily (for accounting reasons), pay their related membership fee for 2017 during the period 1 - 15 January 2017.
- For accounting reasons, the application fee and the exam fee are valid solely during the year in which they have been paid. For this reason, when the application deadline expires every year, fees paid but not put to use by candidates (i.e. no online admission application was subsequently submitted) cannot be considered valid for the following year.
It is therefore strongly recommended that candidates pay the application/exam fee ONLY AFTER consulting the admissions/eligibility test calendar and checking that they meet ALL the requirements and have ALL the documentation needed to submit their application.
IMPORTANT: should you still have any queries after reading the pages in the Admissions section, please address them solely to the Admissions Help Desk.
PLEASE DO NOT contact the Association’s other bodies or the Regional Divisions.
- The Admissions Regulations